John on October 30, 2009 at 9:53 am
The White House was backing away from the war on Fox pretty hard by the end of last week. Kudos to Campbell Brown for this revealing interview with Valerie Jarrett:
Within a couple days, perhaps prompted by their increasing embarrassment, the White House summoned a senior Fox executive over to hammer out a truce.
Coincidentally, on the same day the truce was signed, die-hard Obama supporters and unofficial DNC attack dogs Brave New Films (who had recently completed a smear campaign aimed at Rush Limbaugh using bogus quotes) launched a new video and website aimed at Fox. Here’s the description from the video sidebar:
FOX News is on a witch hunt, aimed at destroying the Obama administration and the progressive movement. Theyve already succeeded in pushing Van Jones out of the White House and badgered Congress into passing an unconstitutional bill to defund ACORN. Glenn Beck actually keeps an enemies list on a blackboard thats a regular part of his show.
ACORN is just the beginning. FOX has an enemies list, and theyre going to keep destroying progressive champions until we stop them.
For those who weren’t paying attention, Van Jones was booted because he’d signed a petition in support of 9/11 trutherism. Does Brave New Films support trutherism? Do trutherism and “progressive champion” go together?
At the same time, Bertha Lewis of ACORN sent out an e-mail blast in which she notes that “our friends at Brave New Films have produced a video about the Fox attacks on ACORN.” Doesn’t look as if Bertha just came across this on You Tube. I suspect she was contacted in advance and gave the producers the names of some ACORN supporters in the LA area.
As for the video they’ve produced, it begins with languorous mo-co shots of the cross and the Bible, then interviews an LA pastor about all the good ACORN has done. FOX, by contrast, is portrayed as demonizing the group. A few things the video leaves out:
- There is no mention of the video sting operation by James O’Keefe and Hannah Giles (though Hannah does appear in one shot).
- There is no explanation for the behavior of the ACORN employees in the Giles-O’Keefe videos.
- There is no mention that Fox did not produce the videos. They were produced by two 20-somethings for $1300 and disseminated by BigGovernment.com.
- There is no mention that other news channels also ran the tapes.
- There is no mention of the mea culpas issued by the New York Times and the Washington Post on their failure to cover the story.
- There is no mention of the dozens of investigations nationwide into ACORN’s voter registration efforts, many of which have been found to be laced with fraud.
- There is no mention of the multi-million dollar embezzlement by the brother of ACORN’s founder.
- There is no mention of the fact that ACORN is one of the organizations selling people on sub-prime mortgages, the same ones which led to the recent financial meltdown.
- There is no mention of the investigation in Oklahoma which seems to demonstrate that ACORN is a partisan vote machine which carefully coordinates its activities with local Democrats.
- Nor is there mention of ACORNs use of convicts as canvassers.
- There is no mention that many Democrats voted to (at least temporarily) cut funds from the organization.
Instead, what we get from Brave New Films is a lot of Jesus and some “independent journalist” insuring us that this is part of a broader war on the poor.
The Democrats voter fraud arm has taken a hit and Robert Greenwald and the Xana-crew have decided to ride to the rescue with this tear-jerking bit of propaganda. ACORN is corrupt from top to bottom and the only reason they haven’t been shut down previously is because no one in the “real news” could be bothered to investigate them.
Brave New Films is the unofficial attack dog of the DNC. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they were coordinating these attacks with the White House.