John on July 14, 2009 at 12:56 pm
Ed at Hot Air calls this Crowder’s “magnum opus” on the topic of health care. Given that it’s 20 minutes long that’s appropriate. I’ll just call it a masterpiece.
I wish every American could see this because this is very likely where we’re headed if the “public option” is a part of health reform this year. It may take a decade to go from “option” to “only option”, but soon enough this is where all of us will be. Take a good look at your future, America:
This is, as they say, the tip of the iceberg. For much, much more of this sort of thing, have a look at this site I created to catalog health care horror stories in the foreign press. You can click on the links up top if you want to limit yourself to Canadian stories. Here’s a sample:
- To Avoid Year Long Wait, Canadian Patient Flies to India for Hip Resurfacing
- Patient Wait Times Cost Canada $15 Billion a Year
- Fed Up Canadians Choose Surgery Overseas
- Doctor Advises Patient to Fly to Italy for Cancer Treatment
- Canadian’s Access to Drugs Blocked by Goverment Policy
- Excruciating Wait Times
- Government Health Care Only Looks Good on Film
- Why Ontario Keeps Sending Patients to the US
That’s much less than half of the stories on Canada, which is much less than half of the stories on the site. Before it’s too late to turn back, please take some time and read about what US health care could be in a few years.
Category: Health & Education |