Scott on June 2, 2008 at 12:14 pm
Here’s a list of lines from a variety of movies. See how many of the movies you can identify ON YOUR OWN.
AND NO CHEATING!!! (For this post, cheating is defined as – using internet resources like IMDB, calling or emailing friends or relatives in the industry, using ouija boards, necromancy or other supernatural methods of communications, etc).
Here we go…
1. I think we’re gonna need a bigger boat.
2. Sew, very old one. Sew like the wind!
3. I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I’ve still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission.
4. You Maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you! God damn you all to hell!
5. You come into my home on the day my daughter’s to be married and you ask me to do murder for money.
6. I’m funny how, I mean funny like I’m a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I’m here to amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how?
7. Bad dates.
8. Sir! I have a plan! Mein FÃ¼hrer! I can walk!
9. It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.
10. Attaboy, Clarence.
11. I am an FBI agent!
12. I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
13. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones.
14. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
15. Stupid is as stupid does.
16. Strange women lyin’ in ponds distributin’ swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
17. If you actually were as innocent as you pretend to be, we’d never get anywhere.
18. I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint.
19. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom.
20. What we got here is failure to communicate.
21. What we do in life echoes in eternity.
22. Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?
23. Aaas yoooouu wiiiiiiish.
24. An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
25. There’s only one proper way for a professional soldier to die: the last bullet of the last battle of the last war.
26. The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure.
27. He vould have an enormous schwanzstucker.
28. I TRIPLE-dog-dare ya!
29. I’m as mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!
30. And maybe there’s no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don’t know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.
So here’s the results: John missed 9, JP missed 10 and Cindy missed 15. Though technically Cindy came in last place (or 3rd place to be politically correct), she DID get four of the most difficult and significant ones: #9-Braveheart; #24-Gandhi; #25-Patton; #30-Spartacas…so, she’s got THAT going for her (quick, identify THAT semi-quote from a movie featuring Chevy Chase).
HERE’S THE ANSWERS:
2. Three Amigos
3. 2001: A Space Odessey
4. Planet of the Apes
5. The Godfather
6. Good Fellas
7. Raiders of the Lost Ark
8. Dr. Strangelove
9. Silence of the Lambs
10. It’s a Wonderful Life
11. Point Break
12. Apocalypse Now
13. A Clockwork Orange
14. The Shining
15. Forrest Gump
16. Money Python and the Holy Grail
17. The Maltese Falcon
20. Cool Hand Luke
22. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
23. The Princess Bride
26. The Day the Earth Stood Still
27. Young Frankenstein
28. A Christmas Story
Category: For Fun |