John on November 3, 2010 at 8:32 am
There’s so much to say, I’m going to just go straight to the bullet points. First the Good:
- As of this moment the GOP took 6 Senate seats and 60 House seats, this is a historic gain not seen since 1948.
- The GOP gained at least 8 governorships including significant pickups in PA, OH, MI, WI, IA, KS, OH and NM. The entire heart of the country is in Republican hands.
- A gain of over 500 seats in statewide races gives the GOP control of state houses in Alabama, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Michigan, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. This is huge because it means the GOP will be in control of redistricting in these states.
- California’s pot legalization initiative (Prop. 19) lost
- Allen West and Kristi Noem!
- Senator Marco Rubio
- Chris Coons beat Christine O’Donnell, not surprising but after all the attacks on her, disappointing nonetheless.
- Loretta Sanchez kept her seat in CD-47, though she will no longer chair the border control committee.
- Barney Frank won easily.
- Senator Ma’am kept her seat.
- Harry Reid, the insufferable bastard who proclaimed the Iraq war lost in 2007, keeps his job.
- Governor Jerry Brown. It would be funny if I didn’t have to live here.
There are still quite a few important races outstanding including the Senate seats in Colorado and Alaska. It’s possible the GOP will pick up one of those, but it could be days before we know.
Category: Uncategorized |