John on March 28, 2008 at 8:22 am
Maybe you’ve heard this being discussed. Both Democratic candidates and the DNC have been using it:
- “He (McCain) says that he is willing to send our troops into another 100 years of war in Iraq” (Barack Obama, Feb. 19).
- “We are bogged down in a war that John McCain now suggests might go on for another 100 years” (Obama, Feb. 26).
- ”He’s (McCain) willing to keep this war going for 100 years” (Hillary Clinton, March 17).
- “What date between now and the election in November will he (McCain) drop this promise of a 100-year war in Iraq?” (Chris Matthews, March 4).
- Why, even a CNN anchor (Rick Sanchez) buys it: “John McCain is telling us … that we need to win even if it takes 100 years” (March 16).
You’ll be seeing national TV ads with this quote soon, so read Charles Krauthammer’s piece on the truth behind the big lie.
Category: Politics |