John on February 12, 2008 at 11:30 am
I’m stealing this from Allah at HotAir because it’s just too good for him to keep to himself. At Sean Hannity’s instigation, Pollster Frank Luntz asks his captive audience to name one Obama accomplishment…
For the record, getting elected to the Senate really is an accomplishment. I think the point here is that getting oneself elected doesn’t necessarily mean that one has bettered the world in some tangible way. It speaks to likability and good communication skills, all good things for a Presidential candidate (or a President). But what, besides winning elections, has the guy actually done for America? For his state? What has he accomplished besides winning elections while black? For goodness sake, even Ms. America has a talent competition.
As much as I’m not a huge John McCain fan, I think one could ask the same question of him and come up with quite a few serious answers.
Tell us what you think…
Update: Here’s a few reasons not to vote for him as well:
- His questionable fund raising practices.
- His willingness to meet with anti-American dictators “without preconditions”
- His tendency toward socialist economic policies.
- His desire to politically radicalize American kids.
- His repeated attempts to bully and silence opponents.
- His dishonesty about his votes on the issue of abortion.
- His attempt to rewrite the history of his views on the surge.
- His unwillingness to admit the surge in Iraq succeeded.
- His disrespect for small town Americans.
- His long time associations with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers and conspiracy theorist Rev. Wright.
- And last but not least, his shallow record of actual accomplishments for America.
Just some things to think about.
If you’d like it all put together into one long argument with video clips, check out The Comprehensive Argument Against Barack Obama.
Category: Politics |