Scott on May 4, 2010 at 3:05 pm
Just a quick rundown of how people on the left took the attempted bombing of Time Square and applied their own unique “perspective” on things…
[Katie] Couric interviewed Bloomberg to discuss the possibility that the failed attack might have been a precursor to something bigger and potentially, more deadly. At one point, the veteran anchor asked the Mayor whether or not he thought the suspect was American.
“A home-grown?” she asked, to which Bloomberg responded, “Home-grown, maybe a mentally deranged person or somebody with a political agenda that doesn’t like the health care bill or something. It could be anything.”
Hmmm…what an astute observation. Mentally deranged…or someone who doesn’t like Obama’s health care bill…or someone with a political agenda.
A political agenda? You mean like yours, Mr. Mayor?
But it seems far more likely to me that the perpetrator of the bungled Times Square bomb plot was either a lone nut job or a member of some squirrely branch of the Tea Party, anti-government far right.
Yes, Mr. Dreyfuss. It is SOOO obvious that it MUST be a Tea Party member or some other anti-government right-winger.
“I get frustrated…there was part of me that was hoping this was not going to be anybody with ties to any kind of Islamic country. There are a lot of people who want to use terrorist intent to justify writing people off who believe in a certain way or come from certain countries or whose skin color is a certain way. I mean they use it as justification for really outdated bigotry.”
I’m sorry, but WHAT? “…there was a part of me that was hoping this was not going to be anybody with ties to any kind of Islamic country.” What does that mean? So you were HOPING it was done by someone from the U.S., someone who was an outdated bigot who hated people from other countries or with different skin colors?
So according to Bloomberg, Dreyfuss and Brewer, the profile of the guy who attempted to bomb Time Square was:
- Home Grown (born and/or raised and/or naturalized in the U.S.)
- Mentally Ill
- Has a Political Agenda (presumably against the Obama administration)
- Dislikes Obama’s Health Care bill
- Tea Party Member
- Anti-Government Right
- Bigotted against people from other countries and people with different skin colors
Weird. It turns out that the guy in custody ACTUALLY fits THIS profile:
- From Pakistan and naturalized a year ago
- Received training in Waziristan
- Has political/religious agenda (against the U.S.)
- Hasn’t mentioned his opinion (and presumably doesn’t care) about Obama’s health care bill
- Hasn’t mentioned any support for (and presumably disagrees with) the Tea Party movement
- Is certainly anti-U.S. government, but not in the way they mean
- Seems to be bigoted against people in the U.S., no matter their skin color or background
I wonder if any of these knuckleheads will correct their previous opinions?
Category: News |